A bit of housekeeping...
10 months ago
– Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 05:07:34 PM
1) Digital downloads... regarding the issue of not being able to send high-quality audio via Backerkit, we now have a workaround where we're sending out Bandcamp download codes. You should be getting an email with a link to redeem your code. If you have a Bandcamp account, it'll automatically be saved to your music. If you don't, you need to click here to download the files in the format of your choice (and you can do multiple downloads):
(As a UX designer, it pains me that I should have to explain how this works, just because they wanted to get people to download their app and hid the actually-useful interface, but whatever.)
2) Digital downloads... regarding the issue of not everybody receiving their notification emails. After some back-and-forth with Backerkit's tech support, I *think* we have it sorted out. Anyway, if you still haven't gotten your notification email (and have pledged for the album download), email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get it sorted.
3) For all the backers who pledged for the Listening Party level: I emailed y'all about details (since we have to move the party virtual for now). Apparently not all of you received that. I'm not super-hopeful that you'll receive this update if you didn't receive my email, but anyway: if you pledged for the listening party and didn't receive an email from me, check your spam folder and/or email me at email@example.com.
In more pleasant news, here's a sneak preview of our video!
ACTUAL REAL UPDATE!
10 months ago
– Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 01:01:46 AM
Hello, everyone! Wow, do we have updates for you:
1) Our album! We will be sending it out to you next Tuesday the 22nd! Finally! Here's how that's gonna work out: everyone will get their download right away. In terms of physical mailings, we'll be sending those out as the various items become available. We'll have the regular CDs on hand, but the vinyl is taking a bit longer. (And we are consolidating mailings, so like if you ordered a regular CD and a vinyl, you'll be getting one package.) So what I need from y'all are your updated mailing addresses! If you have moved since the Kickstarter ended, please go update it. You should be receiving an email from Backerkit about how to do this. (If you still need help, you can email me and we'll sort you out.) The album will be available on Oct. 6 on the usual digital platforms.
2) As a thank you for your patience, we're sending out a nice bonus download tonight, the "Anchor to the World Below" Maxi-single! (Unfortunately we just learned about Backerkit's file size limit on digital downloads, so we're sorting out hosting options for FLAC files if ppl want those.)
3) We are releasing the "Anchor to the World Below" video on Friday! It'll be on www.youtube.com/freezepop and I'll post a reminder when it goes live.
4) Looking ahead, the bonus albums are coming along, I've heard some of the remixes and they are hottt.
OK, I'm probably forgetting something, but I'll be back soon.
Until then, THANKS and <3
A sneak preview!
12 months ago
– Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 10:46:35 PM
Hi all! We have been busy tidying up mixes, tidying up mixes again, stressing about finding typos in the artwork, tying up loose ends, tidying up mixes yet again, that kinda stuff. We are not 100% there yet, but very close, and wanted to give y'all a sneak preview of a few songs that are actually ready to go! Everyone should be getting a download soon, so be on the lookout for an email from Backerkit (be sure to check your spam folder if it doesn't show up). The tracks:
• The Monster Song: You may remember this one from the fun lil' homemade video we released last year (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhK_lIyGvAI), here is the final mastered version.
• Rare Bird: I'm feeling kinda cute/old-school Freezepoppy-vibes with this one and Monster Song.
• Memory Disappears: A dreamy one.
Hope you like them! Hang in there for more soon!
Other stuff we've been up to:
• We finally got with the program and launched our Bandcamp page. It has pretty much our entire back catalog available (for those of you who missed out on our USB collection). Allll the albums, EPs, demos, videogame mixes, etc. Go follow us: https://freezepop.bandcamp.com/music
• We shot a video this weekend! Gotta say, this whole social distancing thing is making for some real DIY ingenuity. Enjoy some glamorous photos of us on set in Bananas' garage. It was extremely warm.
Aaaand, another track! Because, why not?
12 months ago
– Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 09:08:33 PM
Fresh from Seany's computer-machine, a cute remix of The Monster Song. The download should hit your inboxes soon!
(Did I mention Sean has been making a BUNCH of remixes lately?)
about 1 year ago
– Thu, May 28, 2020 at 07:21:54 AM
Hello all, hope you've been keeping safe/healthy/relatively sane! We are generally all of those. Hanging in there! So then, how about a status report? The mixes have been sent off for mastering. This is, sadly, taking a bit longer than anticipated (which, given this entire campaign, I suppose is not hugely surprising). But our mastering guy is very busy, and some of the mixes ended up needing further tweaking. So yeah, that is out of our hands for a little bit. But we're making a lot of progress elsewhere:
• Sean is upstairs in the studio this very minute, working on some hott remixes.
• I've been working on all the CD and vinyl artwork! Very close to being done with that. Wanna have a peek?
• Christmas and I are working on the new website!
• Bananas is working on our new video! (And another video is in the planning stages.)
• I've been talking to our various remixers and sorting that all out for the bonus album.
• Yesterday we had a photoshoot! Let me tell you, the social distancing thing made for some tricky planning (we're being pretty careful about things) it seemed like the best option to do something DIY and outside. I'm a lil scared to see how the photos actually turned out, ha ha. But either way... it was SO NICE to see people again! I have missed these wonderful folks.
(Don't worry, this isn't one of the official pictures.)
Anyway, that's pretty much what we've been up to... more soon!