A summer update...
10 months ago
– Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 03:17:24 PM
Howdy, all. Hope you are staying cool (and/or warm, depending on your hemisphere). Just wanted to give you a quick update, even though we don't have too much tangible stuff to keep you posted on. Not much more progress has been made on the bonus CDs (although we mostly have a plan together to move things forward very soon). Honestly, most of our Freezepop-related brainspace lately has been devoted to getting ready for our Extremely Belated Album Release shows. We're SOOOO happy to be playing at our favorite local venue, The Sinclair in Harvard Square, next weekend. If you're within traveling distance, come on out! Saturday's show sold out really quickly, but we were amazingly able to snag the Friday night as well. Deets:
Friday, August 13: At the Sinclair, Cambridge, MA. With The Glitter Boys, Brandie Blaze, and Linnea's Garden. Doors at 7:30, 18+, $20. Tickets here!
I have really missed playing shows, AND I have really missed dancing to the Glitter Boys (an amazing DJ team spinning all-vinyl Disco, electro, funk, etc) so it's gonna be a double-whammy for me.
But anyway, turns out that when you haven't played any shows for a year and a half, and you're doing a bunch of new songs, you have to rehearse soooooooo much. Really, it's just been fun hanging out with the gang so much. So, that's what we've been up to, and I'm sorry to all of y'all who won't actually be able to attend this show and benefit from all the time we've put into it, but I promise we'll be back on the recording thing soon!
An update from Sean
about 1 year ago
– Sun, May 23, 2021 at 12:01:34 AM
Hi everyone. Hope you're enjoying the music we have managed to release so far. We are intensely proud of Fantasizer and without your help it wouldn't exist, obviously.
Unfortunately I have some bad news on my end (and some explaining to do). During the making of this record/project I've lost both of my parents to extended illnesses. We lost my Dad last week. He had a stroke at the beginning of February and my work on this Freezepop stuff kinda shut down. The same thing happened with my mother who became very ill in Nov 2016 and who we lost in Jan 2017. It really meant that I lost many, many months of time I could have been working. I think it was probably Fall 2017 before we kind of got back on track.
At the time I didn't want to blame the work stoppage on this problem, or even talk about it publicly, but it's become very apparent that I need to be in a certain mindset to accomplish the Freezepop material and between my mother's death, Covid, and now my father's death I am responsible for the significant delays. I didn't want to 'blame' the delays on these things but the problem is real. I've probably lost 18 months overall due to my mental state. I am sorry for this, but there's no forcing it. Self-care after these types of events is important. I'm sorry for the timing, truly. We released 50 new recordings in the Fall, and we are working on all the bonus stuff, but it's just not there yet. I have a plan to get back to work next week but, as with anything creative, there are no guarantees. We have basics tracked for most of the cover songs, but those will likely be last. If you have any questions, write in and I will answer them personally (that's a promise).
Thanks for sticking with us. We live, we learn.
Your old pal, Seany D.
about 1 year ago
– Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 12:33:14 AM
Hi all! Just wanted to check in about this, since we've started getting a few questions about the remaining Kickstarter reward shipments... in a nutshell:
• The limited edition triple-CDs are NOT ready yet. We are still wrapping up the material for the bonus albums. (This will hopefully not be quite as lengthy a process as the main album was, but it's still 2 extra albums and we don't wanna half-ass them!)
• Even if your order is waiting on the triple-CD to be ready, you can access a BUNCH of digital downloads in the meantime via your BackerKit account! (And if you can't figure out how to do that, shoot me an email at email@example.com)
• *Most* of the orders involving regular CDs and vinyl have been sent out. I am still working my way through some of the more complicated orders (the tiers involving lyrics/comic strips/paintings/sandwiches/assorted custom stuff) so thanks for your patience on those!
• I have some packages that have been returned to us as undeliverable. I tried contacting all the owners, but haven't heard back from everybody. So, if you think that you should have gotten your package, and ooooops, maybe you forgot to update your address or something, do get in touch.
ICYMI, we're shipping stuff!
over 1 year ago
– Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 06:58:35 PM
Just another heads-up, I'm starting to work my way through shipping out various vinyl rewards... if you need to update your shipping address, LET ME KNOW (email firstname.lastname@example.org). Thanks!
over 1 year ago
– Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 08:31:09 PM
Hi y'all! Just wanted to give you a quick update on vinyl: after some shipping delays, I just got word from the manufacturer that it is on its way and should be here soon! I will start shipping out ASAP. I am SO EXCITED to see them! (And scared too. It's always super nerve-wracking to open a new shipment and hope nothing got screwed up...)
No major updates yet on the 3-CD package. Those discs are still in the works (although coming along nicely).