ACTUAL REAL UPDATE!
2 months ago
– Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 01:01:46 AM
Hello, everyone! Wow, do we have updates for you:
1) Our album! We will be sending it out to you next Tuesday the 22nd! Finally! Here's how that's gonna work out: everyone will get their download right away. In terms of physical mailings, we'll be sending those out as the various items become available. We'll have the regular CDs on hand, but the vinyl is taking a bit longer. (And we are consolidating mailings, so like if you ordered a regular CD and a vinyl, you'll be getting one package.) So what I need from y'all are your updated mailing addresses! If you have moved since the Kickstarter ended, please go update it. You should be receiving an email from Backerkit about how to do this. (If you still need help, you can email me and we'll sort you out.) The album will be available on Oct. 6 on the usual digital platforms.
2) As a thank you for your patience, we're sending out a nice bonus download tonight, the "Anchor to the World Below" Maxi-single! (Unfortunately we just learned about Backerkit's file size limit on digital downloads, so we're sorting out hosting options for FLAC files if ppl want those.)
3) We are releasing the "Anchor to the World Below" video on Friday! It'll be on www.youtube.com/freezepop and I'll post a reminder when it goes live.
4) Looking ahead, the bonus albums are coming along, I've heard some of the remixes and they are hottt.
OK, I'm probably forgetting something, but I'll be back soon.
Until then, THANKS and <3
A sneak preview!
4 months ago
– Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 10:46:35 PM
Hi all! We have been busy tidying up mixes, tidying up mixes again, stressing about finding typos in the artwork, tying up loose ends, tidying up mixes yet again, that kinda stuff. We are not 100% there yet, but very close, and wanted to give y'all a sneak preview of a few songs that are actually ready to go! Everyone should be getting a download soon, so be on the lookout for an email from Backerkit (be sure to check your spam folder if it doesn't show up). The tracks:
• The Monster Song: You may remember this one from the fun lil' homemade video we released last year (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhK_lIyGvAI), here is the final mastered version.
• Rare Bird: I'm feeling kinda cute/old-school Freezepoppy-vibes with this one and Monster Song.
• Memory Disappears: A dreamy one.
Hope you like them! Hang in there for more soon!
Other stuff we've been up to:
• We finally got with the program and launched our Bandcamp page. It has pretty much our entire back catalog available (for those of you who missed out on our USB collection). Allll the albums, EPs, demos, videogame mixes, etc. Go follow us: https://freezepop.bandcamp.com/music
• We shot a video this weekend! Gotta say, this whole social distancing thing is making for some real DIY ingenuity. Enjoy some glamorous photos of us on set in Bananas' garage. It was extremely warm.
Aaaand, another track! Because, why not?
4 months ago
– Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 09:08:33 PM
Fresh from Seany's computer-machine, a cute remix of The Monster Song. The download should hit your inboxes soon!
(Did I mention Sean has been making a BUNCH of remixes lately?)
6 months ago
– Thu, May 28, 2020 at 07:21:54 AM
Hello all, hope you've been keeping safe/healthy/relatively sane! We are generally all of those. Hanging in there! So then, how about a status report? The mixes have been sent off for mastering. This is, sadly, taking a bit longer than anticipated (which, given this entire campaign, I suppose is not hugely surprising). But our mastering guy is very busy, and some of the mixes ended up needing further tweaking. So yeah, that is out of our hands for a little bit. But we're making a lot of progress elsewhere:
• Sean is upstairs in the studio this very minute, working on some hott remixes.
• I've been working on all the CD and vinyl artwork! Very close to being done with that. Wanna have a peek?
• Christmas and I are working on the new website!
• Bananas is working on our new video! (And another video is in the planning stages.)
• I've been talking to our various remixers and sorting that all out for the bonus album.
• Yesterday we had a photoshoot! Let me tell you, the social distancing thing made for some tricky planning (we're being pretty careful about things) it seemed like the best option to do something DIY and outside. I'm a lil scared to see how the photos actually turned out, ha ha. But either way... it was SO NICE to see people again! I have missed these wonderful folks.
(Don't worry, this isn't one of the official pictures.)
Anyway, that's pretty much what we've been up to... more soon!
Hello, and updates
8 months ago
– Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 02:34:02 AM
Hi, all! Hope you are hanging in there. We are relatively "OK," all things considered. We've been hunkering down for a couple of weeks now, even doing some remote band meetings:
Buuuut yeah, life is WEIRD and SCARY lately. I'm very lucky in that I can work from home. I'm still chipping away at the album art, but TBH it's hard to stay focused right now! We're getting there, though. Final mixes are still being tweaked and lived-with. Baby steps, I guess.
AND ALSO, LOGISTICAL STUFF
I wanted to update you on some logistics because it has created a bit of confusion... as I mentioned in the last update, I locked down the Backerkit surveys so I could finalize the credit info for the album artwork. This then triggered the next step in the process, for Backerkit to charge people's credit cards. A few notes:
- This is a separate charge from Kickstarter pledges. If you only pledged on Kickstarter, this is all irrelevant to you and you can skip over this whole explanation. Backerkit charges are for any add-ons or upgrades that were placed after the Kickstarter ended.
- Backerkit doesn't charge cards immediately when somebody orders something... in our case, where our album has ended up taking wayyyy longer than we expected, this has caused some confusion when people thought they had already paid a couple of years ago.
- Since I closed out the surveys, obviously a lot Terrible World Events have happened, making this a bad/financially unstable time for a lot of people. If you need to cancel your Backerkit charges, please email me at email@example.com and we'll sort it out.
- Also, if you're getting notifications from Backerkit about needing to update your credit card, this is legit and not a scam.
Sorry this whole thing is so convoluted! If you need any other technical help or can't access your surveys or anything, email me, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyway, until next time... stay well <3